us

us

Monday, November 23, 2015

Restaurant Review- Cress Bistro

At the on set, I have to mention that this place is for those, who crave difference. If you want to experiment with your taste buds, don’t think twice, straight away head to Cress Bistro.


Its a cosy place tucked away in the DDA market of Masjid Moth, GK3. The ambience is simply amazing and ideal to spend pleasant evenings as most of the seating is outdoors, though they do have some space available indoors just in case, you can’t handle the cold, especially in the coming few days :)
Now coming to food, for the starters, we ordered, Chipotle Chicken Tikka, Chiang Chui Chilly Chicken and the Burmese Samosa. All these things were directly on chef’s recommendation and must say that he is well aware of his best offerings.
The chipotle chicken tikka, was the best out of the lot, it was a true mouth melting experience. The tender chicken pieces marinated with chipotle spices made it a perfect tikka experience, but far different from the regular tikkas. Same goes for the Chiang Chui Chilly Chicken, it wasn’t the regular dry chilly chicken that we Indians are used to eating. It had a very distinct flavour, but it was great too. The Burmese Samosa was something I had never eaten earlier, and hence a complete surprise. These were chicken dumplings served on a Burmese gravy, and I am sure this is one thing you will get to try at this place only and no where else. It was good, but personally speaking , this kind of a taste needs to be developed, I can’t judge it by eating one time, so this is for sure one thing that will take me back to Cress.
For the main course again, I left the recommendations to the chef and opted for Peanut Butter Chicken over the regular one, Dal Makhani and Meat Beliram and I really have to mention that all three of them were pure delights.
The Peanut Butter Chicken was very very different from the regular one, and the flavour of peanut was very evident, though not over powering. Dal Makhani was at its makhani best and the best from this lot was the Meat Beliram. I have to confess that I haven’t eaten a better mutton dish than this one and neither have I experienced such tender pieces of meat whenever I have eaten out.
The dessert was the Hero of the entire menu, The Chocolate Decadence. I am a baker myself and it takes a lot to appreciate what other bakes ;), but I was totally awestruck with this one. It was a chocolate lovers delight and a must for all chocolate lovers.
Overall, a great food experience and a must visit for those who want to try different things.






No comments:

Post a Comment